If you’re looking for an easy, fast, delicious and fairly cheap dinner… this is the meal for you! This recipe was totally made up from throwing random things in my cart at the grocery store and hoping it would turn out good. In college, this hands down become me and my roommate’s, Abbey, favorite meal and our go to dinner. Abbey, unofficially named it “Kailey’s Secret Sauce” and the name just sort of stuck. Now all my friends and family members are constantly begging me to make my secret sauce. If they love it, I knew you all would too. So, please excuse my unofficial recipe…. I am definitely not a chef but just someone who loves and appreciates a yummy easy meal!
- Buitoni Alfredo Sauce
- Any red wine- to add to the sauce and of course to drink with the meal 😉
- Package of sliced mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Fresh garlic
- Buitoni Ravioli (or any kind of pasta you prefer, but this is delicious!)
- Place the entire pack of sliced mushrooms in a large skillet. Drizzle olive oil on the mushrooms, add two cloves of fresh minced garlic to the skillet, and lastly add 1 cup of any red wine. Bring to a simmer and allow the red wine to cook out (I normally leave it on low for about 10-15 mins).
- Once the wine has cooked down, I then add the Buitoni Alfredo sauce (you can normally find it in the cold section of the grocery store. However, you can add any alfredo sauce of your choice). Add 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp spoon of oregano, and tsp of Basile.
- Lastly, boil the Buitoni Raviolis by following the directions on the back of the package. Once you have boiled and drained the raviolis, add to the raviolis to the Alfredo sauce, mix and enjoy. I normally top with fresh mozzarella cheese, serve garlic toast and glass of red wine. I hope you enjoy!
This meal was a fan favorite in college and it still is today! If you make this, let me know how you like it. Bon Appétit!